A major trend for Fall and Winter 2007 makeup is the return of lipstick. After numerous seasons of sheer lipsticks and bold but soft lip glosses, dramatic shades of red, crimson and wine are now back in style. Avon has a collection of Red Hots – new shades of Lip and Nail Color to help you find *your* signature red this season! Thanks to new and ever evolving technology, lipstick pigmentations are smoother and can actually benefit lips thanks to the addition of ingredients such as Vitamin E and botanical antioxidants. A popular look is the classic, 1940’s femme fatale of red lips, bold eyebrows, black eyeliner on top lids only and long, swept lashes. I love this look… it’s similar to the cat’s eye look but more dramatic and more elegant. Other top makeup looks include:
· Monochromatic colors – peach-pink and soft gold, amber and taupe can translate from season to season if using one color for eyes, cheeks and lips. To intensify colors for eyes, dampen eye shadow utensils before applying. Add a touch of shimmer to only one feature to avoid looking overdone, such as a dusting of highlighter on cheeks or shimmer gloss on top of lipstick.
· Matte eye shadow – for those who could never master or cared for shimmery eye shadows, matte colors are also back! Plums, taupe and even black and gray are now available in bold, dramatic pigmentation which can also double as eye liner if used with a damp eye liner brush.
· Defined lashes – a trend that translates year round but for fall, lashes are long, fluttery and dense black. False lashes, once playful with rhinestones and bright colors, are also in classic shades of black. Avon has a mascara formulation for you! Ask me.
· The smoky eye – a fall classic that’s been updated by using matte black, gray, navy or plum.
· Eye liners – along with classic pencils, eye liners in mousse, gel, pot and liquid form help create a soft daytime look, a classic, winged-tip eye or bold, dramatic smoke eye. Avon has Daring Definition gel-based highly pigments liners in pot form… and mark. has it’s Pop-In gel-based to go along with other mark. collections. Trendy metallics are available in both Avon and mark. collections! With so many liners to choose from, ask me which will help to create the look you want.
· Dewy skin – to create a healthy glow and help get skin through winter. To get the look, use an illuminating moisturizer under foundation or mix 1-2 drops of liquid luminizer to moisturizer or foundation with a foundation brush. Also up and coming from Avon Look Alert Eye Brightener… three shades for a variety of skin tones and my personal favorite – made for all – Illuminating Pearl. Be sure to ask me about Look Alert Eye Brightener… you will want this product!!