I am just taking a moment to give tribute to Benazir Bhutto… a beautiful woman in so many ways who gave hope to so many people. While I realize that what I am about to write may not seem meaningful to some – I am writing this as a tiny something that made me smile (just a little) in the middle of such a tragedy. London paper, the Daily Mail, showed pictures of some of Benazir Bhutto’s final moments, as she prepared for the political rally leading to her death. In one picture it showed her applying lip color, from a tube, just before embarking – she was applying this herself – not a Hollywood-style primping some political figures may be accustomed to. That very picture made me think of who she was more than any other image I have seen… it made me pause to think of her bravery, and her strength, and yes, her beauty. For me, the idea that her lip color of choice was often bright and beautiful red symbolizes something – something which unfortunately I am only writing about now in her death – but it reminds me that she was very strong and intelligent and brave and bold and with all of that she was not afraid to be beautiful too. Again, with this post I am not concentrating on the lip color and cosmetics… I am concentrating on what it symbolizes for me about her persona. What an amazing person… what a tragedy…
Beauty Bonus Club Cards! Thursday, December 27, 2007
You can print these on cardstock or perforated business card stock. Choose which gift your customers will receive! On the front, place your customers name – I do mine in calligraphy – and add your contact information on the back. I will customize these for you for $1 via PayPal. The $1 will go towards maintaining Beauty Wagon! Or, you can print these out just as they are and customize yourself! Enjoy!
Reach Out For More Leads – A Day Of Pampering – Honoring Women! Tuesday, December 25, 2007
This is a helpful file containing instructions and a dialogue for an Avon outing with the intention of revving up your business with new leads!
More Ways To Find New Avon Customers! Sunday, December 23, 2007
More Ways To Find New AVON Customers
- Take advantage of the advertising of others… call about their ads and offer them your service.
- Post flyers in apartments – ask at the rental office first.
- Leave AVON brochures at Auto Repair shops and Tire Service centers.
- Wear a name badge or a button that says you sell AVON!
- Approach those who are Fundraising with your Fundraiser information, they can consider you for their next Fundraiser! Follow-up with their Organization.
- Let your Bank Teller know what your deposit is for and leave them with an Avon brochure.
- Barter your services with another Direct Sales Independent Sales Person and refer each other when you can.
- Hang flyers on the hooks inside the doors of bathroom stalls, using What’s New bags.
- Bring your brochures to your hair salon.
- Use car magnets or window lettering to advertise your business!
- Let everyone you work with know you sell AVON!
- Give yourself a goal to distribute a certain number of business cards and/or brochures each day.
- With each transaction you make during the course of the day – give a business card and ask for one in return, where applicable.
- Use your card as a bookmark in Library Books… and return them with your card.
- Place your brochures in all waiting rooms.
- Always keep flyers with you to distribute or hang on bulletin boards.
- Cross-promote your business with other businesses.
- Always wear the Avon logo to your health and fitness club.
- Join a civic or networking group.
- Advertise in college newspapers and bulletin boards.
50 Ways To Get New Customers Thursday, December 20, 2007
Some were asking about this list in the forum… so I dug mine out and posted it here! Hope it’s helpful!
50 WAYS TO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
1. Set a goal to find at least 2 new customers every campaign.
2. Use the “Power of 3” – Make 3 new contacts every day.
3. Comparison shop and be ready to give results to contacts.
4. Increase the number of brochures ordered by 10 every campaign.
5. Leave a brochure at 1 new business every campaign.
6. Start a jewelry club – Especially for those who never buy make-up (then start putting make-up and skin samples with their orders).
7. Wear an Avon logo pin or shirt – It’s free advertisement to those who don’t know you are an Avon representation.
8. Have 1 product each campaign that is the campaign special – Hand out info and samples about it to every contact and offer a discount of 10% or 20% if they purchase it in that campaign.
9. Have a positive attitude – It sells.
10. Show pages from national magazines that feature news about Avon products.
11. Spray your brochures with fragrances.
12. Find helpers in businesses, churches, schools, etc. and reward them for taking orders for you.
13. Remember that “NO SOLICITING” usually does not mean the Avon lady.
14. Leave a basket of demos in a business and pick them up the next day with orders too!!!
15. Pass our lumpy brochures out to businesses.
16. Stress the Avon unconditional guarantee.
17. Remind customers that they can charge their order – They normally buy more that way.
18. Commit to instant delivery on colognes and ask business owners if you can leave a full bottle on their counter. Offer a special price to their customers who would like to purchase the bottle and reward the business owner.
19. Advertise a “NEW CUSTOMER SALE” – Choose 2 or 3 products each campaign and offer a special discount to the “FIRST-TIME” customers.
20. Have an “OLD-TIMERS” special – Offer a special discount, a free product or a free trial size to any regular customer who gets you a new customer.
21. Have a special raffle drawing for any customer who has a minimum $20.00 order.
22. Have a “BUNNY SALE” for Easter – Offer 5% off every product that starts with the letter “B”.
23. Place business cards on every available bulletin board. Leave them on restaurant tables, in public restrooms(tape them on the back of the restroom stall), and tape them to public telephones.
24. Start a video club – After 10 purchases, the 11th video is 50% off.
25. Fill little baskets with samples and leave them in businesses with brochures.
26. Provide a business card holder and cards to any business owner who will allow you to place it in the counter.
27. Offer free gift wrapping for men customers.
28. Offer to keep records of birthdays and anniversaries.
29. Talk to every customer about fund-raising.
30. Leave cologne samples in beauty shops. Offer 1 free product to the owner for each 10 sold.
31. Have a home party!!! Offer an Avon gift certificate to the hostess.
32. Wear different Avon fragrances – when people ask which fragrance you are wearing – offer them a brochure, a business card and a sample. Get their contact info as well!
33. Attend sales meetings faithfully!!! You will always learn something new to pass on and you can personally see and experience many of the new products.
34. Take Skin-So-Soft samples to any place and organization where workers are subject to bugs.
35. Put a sign in your car window and/or your yard that you sale Avon.
36. Advertise in local papers – Especially clearance sales, special discounts, or introduction of new products.
37. If you want bigger sales, talk to your district manager – She’s been there and done that.
38. Have a garage sale – Set out samples, brochures, and extra products.
39. Give each customer an extra brochure and ask them to give them to family and friends.
40. Give a brochure and sample to every person behind the check-out counter.
41. Put books in day care centers.
42. Send letters to employers and managers of local businesses offering special holiday services.
43. Have an open house of Avon products during holiday seasons and offer free gift wrapping.
44. Offer an “AVON PARTY” at businesses during lunch hours.
45. Always carry a demo basket with you – Your customers will have friends visiting too.
46. Carry a “BARGAIN BASKET” – Purchase inexpensive products from outlet flyers and sell these to people who do not want to place an order. Also a good way to sell used “demos” or unwanted products that may accumulate.
47. Keep extra products on hand for people who may need a gift to give on the spur of the moment. Avon cookbooks make great wedding shower gifts.
48. Know your products!!!! Make brand comparisons and provide copies for your customers
49. Become an e-representative and get new customers on the internet.
50. Become an Avon Beauty Advisor via the free online training!
Fragrance Etiquette – Wearing and Selling Fragrance Wednesday, December 19, 2007
With more and more people becoming sensitive to fragrance these days, there tends to be a new trend in fragrance etiquette.
In wearing fragrance apply it sparingly so people aren’t smelling you long after you’ve left the room… one way to help give yourself long-lasting fragrance without filling an entire room is to layer your fragrance with bath products of he same or complimentary scent. For example if your favorite perfume has notes of orchid and you don’t have the matching bath product, use an orchid body wash or lotion to layer the fragrance and then apply your fragrance!
To keep from overloading on perfume, try changing your scent every once in a while since our noses can become desensitized over time and we end up applying more and more just to be able to detect it on ourselves.
Also, extend the life of those expensive perfumes by keeping bottles out of the bathroom (the heat and humidity can cause the scent to turn). Some say to store frangrances in the refrigerator… I personally do not recommend this – especially with more expensive fragrances because cold can cause chemical reactions that could cause a fragrance composition to turn as well. Body sprays or mists could be an exception… these can usually be store in a refrigerator for a nice way to freshen up in those warmer months.
Some people, are sensitive to scents – not allergic but hypersensitive to the scent itself. Try to remember that less is more. When someone is close to you they will notice a nice fragrance. No need to go overboard – going overboard with fragrance is not only a waste of money – but as it happens it is becoming poor etiquette. So remember… layer your fragrance, don’t over-mist yourself!